The Check Request Form is attached at the bottom of this article.
Below are the guidelines for payment of an invoice from a departmental budget and/or donor restricted funds:
Vendor Payments/Check Requests/Reimbursements
Requests for Vendor Payments, Check Requests, and Reimbursements must be submitted by the end of the day Tuesday of each week for payment on Friday.
Individuals are limited to one employee reimbursement request each week in order to reduce the number of manual entries. Payments will be issued via direct deposit. Banking information on file with payroll will be used unless you provide new account information.
Appropriate signatures are required and receipts must be attached to all requests. - No signature stamps allowed
ALL travel expenses must be accounted for within 14 days of the trip's return, with a valid receipt, or you will be taxed on the advance. NO REMINDERS to turn in receipts will be sent. If you are distributing the advance to students for meal money, you will need to the have students sign a sheet of paper indicating that they did indeed receive the money. Cash advances may not be used for honorariums. A check request should be submitted to pay individuals for services rendered.
To request an advance for travel purposes:
· Plan ahead. Cash/Travel Advance Requests must be submitted by the end of the day Tuesday of each week for payment on Friday via direct deposit.
· Budget manager's signature is required. If budget manager is the one making the request for travel advance, then supervisor’s signature is required. - No signature stamps allowed
After your Trip:
· Submit a new form for Cash Advance Return
· Attach valid receipts (original vendor receipt, not credit card receipt or statement), showing the date, vendor’s name, a description of the services provided, the total expenses, including tips (if applicable) and full account number
· Return to Accounts Payable along with unused cash within 14 days of the trips return, to avoid tax implications