There are THREE types of chapel announcements- each no longer than 1.5 minutes.
The Standard Announcement
Either you can do it or Lori Gaffner can read it for you.
The Entertainer Announcement
Relay your message with a song, dance, skit or some other entertaining means.
The Video or PowerPoint Slide
Make or find a short clip.
That can be your announcement or you may add a brief summary, remember the time limit is 1.5 minutes TOTAL.
- Below you can download a PowerPoint slide template that can be used for creating your announcement.
- Submit your chapel slide here: Chapel Announcement Slide Form
Some other things to remember…
- Events that are announced must be open to the majority of the community.
- When planning your announcement, Ephesians 4:29 is your primary guide: “Do not let any
unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according
to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
- Your announcement MUST NOT exceed 1½ minutes in length. Keep it short and to the point!
- Submission deadlines: Announcements are to be turned in to Alisa Gunter, in Snyder Hall 102 or at
firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance.
- Announcements are limited to 3 announcements per day, so plan early, THIS WILL BE ENFORCED!
As we are cutting time from our speakers/worship bands that have been scheduled, when we have too
- Announcements are on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday’s.
- All video/slide announcements must be sent to Alisa AND Stephen Hillrich/Riley Hannula, at least 48 hours
before said announcement, so it can be APPROVED. Slides must use the NEW* Template.
- The same announcement/EVENT can only be given ONE TIME! - If it something that is
important we can run slides in chapel (as students are entering and leaving) and utilize the TV’s in the
Union and the DC and if there enough time given, it can be put on Chapel cards – give me a day’s notice.
All announcements must be approved by Lori or Alisa before given in chapel. The Chaplain reserves the
right to limit the number of announcements given and edit their content, if necessary.