Beginning in the summer of 2016, Residence Life Offices and Student Success Offices merged under the name Community Life. The Community Life Office is guided by the leadership of Marcos Gilmore and Patrick Miller. This brings together the following programs and offices under a common vision and set of goals:
- Student Success & First Year Experience (Marcos Gilmore)
- Residence Life & Housing (Ross Baker)
- Conduct & Care (Patrick Miller)
- Diversity & Inclusion (Pedro Valentin)
- Advising (Erika Naes)
- Leadership Development & Activities (Erika Spring)
- Career Services (Kelli Pryor)
- Counseling (George Smith)
- Mailroom (Lindsay Strotheide)
This team focuses on the student experience outside the classroom with goals focused on facilitating student thriving and increasing retention.
What happened to the idea of a “one-stop-shop” to handle student questions and issues in Greenville Central?
This idea is still alive and well! Though the majority of Residence Life moved out of Greenville Central, Residence Life staff maintain office hours 10:30am to 3:30pm, Monday through Friday. Staff members each serve one day a week in Greenville Central Office 115. This presence minimizes run-around for students who either mistakenly come to Greenville Central to address a Residence Life issue, or are referred from Records, Student Accounts or Financial Aid.