If you are a hiring manager, this important information pertains to you!
If you plan to employ a student for the academic year, please note these requirements to complete the hiring process and comply with the Affordable Care Act regulations, such as the number of hours a student may work.
All Hiring Managers of one or more student workers should read the attached Student Employment Guide. It is important that each hiring manager of one or more student workers and know what GU's expectations of our student workers. Remember, we are trying to prepare them for the future!
Credits / Maximum Work Hours
- Student employees must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours and classified as seeking a baccalaureate degree.
- Students may not work more than 20 hours each week (Sunday through Saturday) during the academic year. This is for all campus jobs combined.
IMPORTANT: Student wages are $8-$10.00 per hour budget permitting. No student is approved to begin working until you receive notice from payroll.
Posting a Student Worker Position
Reviewing and Evaluating Applications
Extending an Offer
After you have carefully evaluated all applicants and are ready to extend an offer, complete the Student Worker Request Form on Campus Services Solutions for each student worker at least two weeks before he or she is scheduled to work. Please note that the student must submit an application in Paylocity for you to be able to complete this form.
- The payroll office will contact the student via email to complete the necessary online forms.
- When all online forms are complete, both the student and the supervisor will receive an email stating that the process has been completed and the student may begin work.
IT Requests – System Access and/or Email
- If the student requires some type of system access or will be performing work by email for the department, please email IT at email@example.com. IT will provide a form to obtain student information and system needs. This process allows them to track requests in the system to satisfy GU's annual financial audit which includes IT controls.