If you plan to employ a student for the academic year, please note the requirements and follow the appropriate steps to complete the hiring process. In order to comply with the Affordable Care Act regulations, please note the number of hours a student may work. A complete copy of the student employment guide is attached below.
- Student employees must be enrolled for a minimum of six (6) credit hours.
- Students may not work more than 20 hours per week (Sunday through Saturday) during the academic year.
ACTION EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: You must submit all student worker employment opportunities through the following form so they are posted for a minimum of 3 business days.
Student Hiring Policy – job postings: All position openings must be advertised for at least three working days. Hiring Managers may not discriminate in their hiring, working conditions, promotion, or termination practices on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, including gender, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service. Openings will be advertised through Career services website and twitter.
>STEP 1: POST POSITION
Here are the steps to follow find the posting form and complete.
· Go to www.greenville.edu
· Click on Campus Resources
· Scroll down left side and click on Employers
· Go to Need to Hire section
· Click on Please submit your requests here.
· Fill out the entire Jot Form and submit.
Here is a direct link: http://www.greenville.edu/campus_resources/job-opportunities.html
If you have any questions about postings, please email Kelli Pryor.
- A Student Worker Request Form must be completed for all student workers. The form is also located on the Self Service Portal of Paylocity under the section entitled Employment/Student Employment. Please submit form at least two weeks prior to start date.
- The payroll office will contact the student via email to complete the necessary paperwork.
- When all paperwork is complete, both student and supervisor will receive an email stating the process has been completed and the student may begin work.
- Students cannot begin work until all required paperwork has been submitted and processed.
- Career Services maintains a webpage with off-campus job opportunities, and contact information for on-campus areas that hire student workers.