Employees may apply for tuition discounts per stipulations outlined in our Employee Handbook using the link to the below form . All the submitted Tuition Requests are received by HR and Financial Aid.
WHO SHOULD FILL OUT THE FORM?
- Employees enrolling in courses
- Employees on behalf of a spouse
- Employees on behalf of a child
- Graduate Assistants
Submit Form: Tuition Discount Form
TUITION DISCOUNT FAQ
Who qualifies for the Tuition Discount at Greenville University?
- The University offers a tuition discount benefit.
- All regular full-time employees, their spouses, and their dependent children are eligible as defined in the Employee Tuition Discount Policy (located in the Greenville University employee handbook)
Does the tuition discount application need to be filled out every semester?
Yes – this form will need to be completed every year, along with the FAFSA (either for yourself, your spouse, or dependents who may be enrolled in courses).
Why do I have to fill out the FAFSA?
- The FAFSA is a key component to determining whether or not the employee, employee spouse, or dependent qualifies for additional grants or scholarships that reduces the overall cost of tuition. YAY!
- Given the fact the tuition is discounted, this may not seem like a key step at first. What you may not know is that all employees (regardless of age) filling out the FAFSA anapplyng for the tuition discount application, this allows Greenville University to also receive benefits from the federal government and the state of Illinois.
Do I have to complete the FAFSA every semester?
No, you only need to complete the FAFSA once each academic year.
The Financial Aid department encourages those planning to receive the Tuition Discount Benefit (for undergraduate courses) to apply for the FAFSA each October. If you have questions, please visit the Financial Aid department for support.
Who needs to complete the FAFSA?
- Any faculty or staff member (spouse or dependent) taking undergraduate courses at Greenville University, regardless of age, is required to complete the FAFSA.
Dependent children may only apply the Tuition Discount Benefit towards traditional undergraduate tuition.
What is the deadline to complete the FAFSA?
Please be sure to complete the FAFSA as soon as possible (after October 1st, but no later than December 1st) each year.
Do Graduate students need to fill out the FAFSA?
No, they do not. The FAFSA is only required for undergraduate students. If a graduate student wishes to apply for Federal Direct Student Loans, they may choose to submit a FAFSA (however, this is not required).
Do you get the Tuition Discount if you are auditing an undergraduate class?
Yes! If a faculty or staff member is set to only audit a class, a FAFSA does not need to be completed. The faculty or staff member would qualify for the tuition discount for the charges associated with auditing the class. It is recommended to complete the Tuition Discount Application form if you are auditing a class.
How do I take advantage of this awesome benefit?
- Enroll in a Greenville University program/class http://www.greenville.edu/admissions/
- Complete a Tuition Discount Application before each semester: Tuition Discount Form
- Complete a FAFSA each academic year: FAFSA
What happens if I do not complete the Tuition Discount Application?
By not completing the tuition discount application form, the employee is missing out not only on a free benefit offered to you but also will leave you with a balance on your student account that must be paid.
Is the Tuition Discount taxable?
- The Tuition Discount waiver for an undergraduate taking courses is not taxable for employees or their dependents.
- However, current IRS regulations state that any university employee is exempt from tax on the first $5,250 of graduate courses each year.
- Amounts exceeding $5,250 annually are taxable.
- These taxable amounts will cause additional taxes to be withheld from your paycheck over pay periods the student is enrolled in both Fall, Spring, and Summer terms.