Employees may apply for tuition discounts per stipulations outlined in our Employee Handbook by using the form below. Requests are received by HR and Financial Aid.
WHO SHOULD FILL OUT THE FORM?
- Employees enrolling in courses
- Employees on behalf of a spouse
- Employees on behalf of a child
- Graduate Assistants
Submit Form: Tuition Discount Form
TUITION DISCOUNT FAQ
Who qualifies for the the Tuition Discount at Greenville University?
- The University offers a tuition discount benefit.
- All regular full time employees, their spouses and their dependent children are eligible as defined in the Employee Tuition Discount Policy (located in the Greenville University employee handbook)
Does the tuition discount application need to be filled out every semester?
Yes – this form will need to be completed every semester, along with the FAFSA (either for yourself, spouse or dependents who may be enrolled in courses).
Why do I have to fill out the FAFSA?
- The FAFSA is a key component to determining whether or not the employee, employee spouse or dependent qualifies for additional grants or scholarships that reduces the overall cost of tuition. YAY!
- Given the fact the tuition is discounted, this many not seem like a key step at first. What you may not know is that by all employees (regardless of age) filling out the FAFSA and applying for the tuition discount application, this allows Greenville University to also receive benefits from the federal government in regards to grants.
Do I have to complete the FAFSA every semester?
No, you only need to complete the FAFSA once each academic year.
Who needs to complete the FAFSA?
- Any faculty or staff member (spouse or dependent) taking undergraduate courses at Greenville University, regardless of age, is required to complete the FAFSA.
Dependent children may only apply this discount towards traditional undergraduate tuition.
What is the deadline to complete the FAFSA?
Please be sure to complete the FAFSA no later than December 1st. This information is for the 18-19 school year.
Do Graduate students need to fill out the FAFSA?
No, they do not. The FAFSA is for undergraduate students. The FAFSA only needs to be submitted one time per year.
Do you get the Tuition Discount if you are auditing an undergraduate class?
Yes! If a faculty or staff member is set to only audit a class, a FAFSA does not need to be completed. The faculty or staff member would qualify for the tuition discount for the charges associated with auditing the class. It is recommended to complete the Tuition Discount Application form if you are auditing a class.
How do I take advantage of this awesome benefit?
- Enroll in a Greenville University program/class http://www.greenville.edu/admissions/
- Complete a Tuition Discount Application prior to each semester https://form.jotform.com/62994343610963/
- Complete a FAFSA each academic year https://fafsa.ed.gov/
What happens if I do not complete the Tuition Discount Application?
By not completing the tuition discount application form, the employee is missing out not only on a free benefit offered to you, but also will leave you with a balance on your student account that must be paid.
Is the Tuition Discount taxable?
- The Tuition Discount waiver for an undergraduate taking courses is not taxable for employees or their dependents.
- However, current IRS regulations state that any university employee is exempt from tax on the first $5,250 of graduate courses each year.
- Amounts exceeding $5,250 annually are taxable.
- These taxable amounts will cause additional taxes to be withheld from your paycheck in: April & May for Spring classes; September & October for summer classes; November & December for fall classes