Employees may apply for tuition discounts per stipulations outlined in our Employee Handbook by using the form below. Requests are received by HR and Financial Aid. 


  • Employees enrolling in courses
  • Employees on behalf of a spouse
  • Employees on behalf of a child
  • Graduate Assistants

Submit Form: Tuition Discount Form


Do I have to complete the FAFSA every semester?

No, you only need to complete the FAFSA for one academic year.

Who needs to complete the FAFSA?

  • Any faculty or staff member (spouse or dependent) taking undergraduate courses at Greenville University, regardless of age, is required to complete the FAFSA.
  • Dependent children may only apply this discount towards traditional undergraduate tuition. Employees and their spouses may apply this discount towards traditional undergraduate tuition and graduate programs offered by GU by filling out the tuition discount application form.

What is the deadline to complete the FAFSA?

Please be sure to complete the FAFSA no later than December 1st. This information is for the 18-19 school year.

Do Graduate students need to fill out the FAFSA?

No, they do not. The FAFSA is for undergraduate students who are asked to fill the form out once per year.

Do you get the Tuition Discount if you are auditing an undergraduate class?

Yes! If a faculty or staff member is set to only audit a class, a FAFSA does not need to be completed. The faculty or staff member would qualify for the tuition discount for the charges associated with auditing the class. It is recommended to complete the Tuition Discount Application form if you are auditing a class.

How do I take advantage of this awesome benefit? 

I am auditing a course and I have a dependent child starting their Sophomore year of studies. Can I fill out just one tuition discount application form?

No, the process requires the employee to fill out the tuition discount form for both you (faculty or staff member) and the dependent child.

Why do I have to fill out the FAFSA?

The FAFSA is a key component to determining whether or not the employee, employee spouse or dependent qualifies for additional grants or scholarships that reduces the overall cost of tuition. YAY! Given the fact the tuition is discounted, this many not seem like a key step at first. What you may not know is that by all employees (regardless of age) filling out the FAFSA and applying for the tuition discount application, this allows Greenville University to also receive benefits from the federal government in regards to grants.

Does the tuition discount application need to be filled out every semester?

Yes – this form will need to be completed every semester, along with the FAFSA (either for yourself, spouse or dependents who may be enrolled in courses).

What happens if I do not complete the Tuition Discount Application?

By not completing the tuition discount application form, the employee is missing out not only on a free benefit offered to you, but also will leave you with a balance on your student account that must be paid.