Please click on the document below to see all of options for making an announcement. But in PURPLE BELOW IS A NEW RULE FOR ANYONE MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!
Some other IMPORTANT information to remember…
- Events that are announced must be open to the majority of the community.
- Anyone who wants to make a Chapel announcement NEEDS to stay for chapel. It’s
disrespectful to ask to make an announcement and then walk out. It sends the message
that what is being promoted is important and that Chapel is not. Groups that make an
announcement and walk out of Chapel will lose the privilege of using Chapel for
announcements for that semester.
- When planning your announcement, Ephesians 4:29 is your primary guide: “Do not let
any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building
others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”
- Your announcement MUST NOT exceed 1½ minutes in length. Keep it short and to the
- Submission deadlines: Announcements are to be turned in to Alisa Gunter, in Snyder
Hall 102 or at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance.
- Announcements are limited to 3 announcements per day, so plan early, THIS WILL BE
ENFORCED! As we are cutting time from our speakers/worship bands that have been
scheduled, when we have too many announcements!
- Announcements are on Monday’s and Wednesday’s only.
- All video/slide announcements must be sent to Alisa at least 48 hours before said
announcement, so it can be APPROVED. Slides must use the NEW* Template.
- The same announcement/EVENT can only be given ONE TIME! - If it something that is
important we can run slides in chapel (as students are entering and leaving) and
utilize the TV’s around campus and if there enough time given, it can be put on
Chapel cards – give me a day’s notice.
All announcements must be approved by Lori or Alisa before given in chapel. The Chaplain reserves the right to limit the number of announcements given and edit their content, if necessary.