Create file, text, paper based and observed-in-person assignments.
- Go to Course Materials>Dropbox.
- Click the New Folder button.
- Enter the Name of the Dropbox Folder(required).
- In the Instructions section enter any instructions the students need to know to complete the assignment if necessary. You can also embed videos or images into the instructions if needed.
- If any documents are needed to complete the assignment, use the buttons in the attachment section. You can also attach a video or audio recording if you want to provide instructions verbally for the assignment.
- Select the Individual Assignment option.
- Select the Submission type for the assignment:
- File submission - students submit a file in D2L (Word doc, pdf. etc.).
- Text Submission - students complete the assignment by writing their response in a textbox. (If students are turning in a video they’ve created, you may use this type of submission to allow a Youtube (or other) link to be turned in.
- On-paper submission - students turn in the assignment to the instructor.
- Observed in person - the assignment is performance based (presentation, recitation, etc.).
- Click the Save button.