Create file, text, paper based and observed in person assignments for students working in groups.
Group assignments are useful if you have students working in groups and each student gets the same grade for the assignment. When entering a grade for a group assignment, each student in the group receives the grade, avoiding having to enter a grade for each student in the group. A group assignment is used in conjunction with the Groups tool in D2L.
- Go to Course Materials>Dropbox.
- Click the New Folder button.
- Enter the Name of the Dropbox Folder(required).
- In the Instructions section enter any instructions the students need to know to complete the assignment if necessary. You can also embed videos or images into the instructions if needed.If any documents are needed to complete the assignment, use the buttons in the attachment section. You can also attach a video or audio recording if you want to provide instructions verbally for the assignment.
- Select the Group Assignment option.
- Select the Group Category from the available list in the drop down menu.
- Select the Submission type for the assignment:
- File submission - students submit a file in D2L (Word doc, pdf. etc.).
- Text Submission - students complete the assignment by writing their response in a textbox.
- On paper submission - student turn in the assignment to the instructor.
- Observed in person - the assignment is performance based (presentation, recitation etc.).
- Click the Save button.