How Do I submit a job for On Campus- Submit the job by filling out this form (this is the same as the old form) - Once this form is submitted we will post the job in Paylocity (within 3 business days), and you will be able to access all applications for the position in your Paylocity account. Students will be able to apply directly to any open job!
If you have never used the Recruiting Tab in Paylocity:
Step 1: Log into Paylocity using your username and password.
Step 2: Scroll to the top Click the Hamburger Bun and select Recruiting. (This is only viewable if you have a current posting or had a posting up previously)
Once you are ready to extend an offer:
- Complete a Student Worker Request Form on Campus Services for each student worker at least two weeks before he or she is scheduled to work.
- The student must submit an application to Paylocity.
- The payroll office will contact the student via email to complete the necessary online forms.
- When all online forms are complete, both the student and the supervisor will receive an email stating that the process has been completed and the student may begin work.
IMPORTANT: Student wages are $8-$10 budget permitting. No student is approved to begin working until you receive notice from payroll.
Check out all the available on campus jobs at Greenville Student Worker Job Board
IT Requests – System Access and/or Email
- If the student requires some type of system’s access or will be performing work by email for the department, please email IT at email@example.com. IT will provide a form to obtain student information and system needs. This process allows them to track requests in the system to satisfy GU's annual financial audit that includes IT controls.
Credit / Maximum Work Hours
· Student employees must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours and classified as seeking a baccalaureate degree.
· Students may not work more than 20 hours each week (Sunday through Saturday) during the academic year. This is for all campus jobs combined.
· A student’s hourly rate can range from $8.00-$10.00 per hour dependent upon budget availability. Rates in excess of the range require approval from the finance office and human resources.
It is important that each hiring manager of student workers read the attached Student Employment Guide to become familiar with what is expected from our student workers.
Student Employment Resignations/Terminations
Student employees should give as much advance notice as possible to their supervisor or department head when leaving a student employment position. Preferably notice should be provided no later than two weeks prior to the last day of work. An exit interview between the employee and the supervisor may prove helpful to both parties.
The supervisor is encouraged to provide frequent opportunities for meaningful feedback about the student employee’s performance with ample opportunity for the student to correct any performance that falls below standards.
The student payroll office must be immediately notified in writing of all cases of terminations by completing the Exit-PAF.