Instructors may customize the design of their course home page on D2L. The homepage is the first page you see when you enter a course. The typical default homepage is widget-based. Widgets are sections of content that provide information and links to important places and information in a course.
Create a new course homepage
- Click Edit Course, then click Homepages.
- Click Create Homepage.
- Enter a Name and Description for your homepage.
- Select Include Custom Homepage Header to add a header to your homepage below the navbar.
- Choose Org Unit name to add the org unit name below the navbar
- Choose Custom to add a custom header below the navbar.
Note: Replace strings are placeholders that refer to information in Learning Environment; the system replaces these placeholders with the corresponding information when you apply them to a homepage header.
- You can choose between the following Homepage Type Options:
- Design a widget-based homepage This displays a standard homepage with various widgets.
- Make an existing tool the homepage This displays a system tool, such as Content, as your homepage.
- Make an existing URL the homepage This displays an external web page as your course homepage.
- For a widget-based homepage, using a one- or two-column layout will respond best if students are using mobile devices to access the course.
- Click Add Widgets to add widgets to your homepage.
- Style your added widgets by adjusting their properties.
- Click Save and Close.
For more complete instruction on D2L Homepages and Widgets, please use the Help Links in D2L and browse through the most current documentation.