Exporting presentations to HTML - Note You cannot import an HTML presentation back into ePortfolio on D2L.
- Click Export from the context menu of the presentation you want to export.
- Choose Export HTML version of presentation.
- Click Next.
- Click the link for your export file when the file packaging is complete. Tip: If you want to navigate away from this page or close the window, you can retrieve your export package from the Import/Export area in the Recent Import/Export Activity list.
- Save the export file to your computer.
What to do with the HTML export
Once you export your presentation to HTML, you can host it externally on your own website or save it on your computer to view offline. More importantly, you can also put the export file into your Google Drive in order to allow online public viewing.
- Unzip the export file (saved in the process above) on your computer.
- Copy (or upload) the entire export file to your Google Drive account. (Chrome is recommended for this.)
- In your drive account, check the box for the file and click the Sharing icon.
- Change 'Who has access' from Private to Public on the Web and Save this setting. Click Done.
- Open the original file folder from My Drive. In the browser window's URL address line that opens, copy the text after the word folders/ (use control-C to copy from your keyboard)
- Open a new browser window.
- In the new window's address bar, type in: googledrive.com/host/ then paste in the text string you just copied (use control-V to paste). Press enter. The entire ePortfolio presentation should open up in this new window with this unique URL address!
- Copy this entire new URL address and save it, bookmark it, share it via email, put it on your resume, or share it however you wish!
Note: Changes to presentation properties during HTML export
|The action bar at the top of a presentation is not included.
|Embedded artifacts and links to artifacts are included.
Alt tags on embedded image artifacts are retained.
Size settings on embedded image and media artifacts are retained.
Artifacts retain their type icon when displayed as a link inline.
Artifact titles and descriptions from the Edit Display Options page are retained.
|Assessments made on items within the presentation are included.
Assessments made on the presentation are not included.
|All comments for artifacts and reflections are included.
Comments made on the presentation are not included.
|Forms linked via a quicklink are not included.
|Embedded learning objectives and links to learning objectives are included.
|No permissions are retained. Anyone can view content within an HTML presentation.
|Page links, navigation settings, page settings, page names, and text areas are maintained.
|All theme style settings are retained, including custom replaced images.
|Profile information is exported as displayed in the presentation, including customized profile titles and social media icons.
Only the fields set to display are exported; hidden profile information does not export with the presentation.
|All quicklinks to artifacts within the export package and external URLs are retained.
Quicklinks to system resources will require users to log into the system and have the appropriate permissions.
|Embedded reflections and links to reflections are included.
Reflections associated with the presentation are not included.
|Social media icons from the top of public presentations are not included.
|All text formatting, equations and custom characters are included.