Some Greenville University volunteer services require completion of the Volunteer Service Application Form at least one week before service begins, to allow the Office of Human Resources time to run a background screening and check references on the volunteer applicant.
Services Requiring a Volunteer Service Application
- Athletic coaching
- Laboratory work
- Services involving equine-related activities
- Services involving travel of any kind
- Services requiring access to confidential information
- Services involving working with minors
The following one-time activities are generally considered low-risk, and do not require a completed Volunteer Agreement:
- Commencement volunteers
- Phone-a-thon volunteer
- Public speakers
GU realizes some accidents are not preventable. If you are involved in an auto accident, immediately contact the local police, then:
- Do not discuss who is at fault
- Do not move vehicles until the Police give permission
- Get names and addresses of drivers and others involved
- Get names and addresses of injured
- Get license plate numbers of all autos involved
- Get names and addresses of witnesses
- Police report number
- Take pictures of the damage to all vehicles involved
- Document all other accident details as they might be helpful to the insurance carrier: traffic flow, speed limits, stop lights/signs, weather conditions, citations issued, etc.
- Contact supervisor
- Complete the Volunteer Auto Accident Report as soon as possible.