Once you complete your benefit elections, they will remain in effect for the remainder of the plan year. You may only change the coverage due to a qualifying life event and must do so within 30 days of the event. These include:
- Change in status: marital, number of dependents, employment, dependent satisfies or ceases to meet the eligibility requirements
- Dependent's employer's open enrollment
- Significant cost or coverage changes
- Changes due to a judgment, decree, or court order
- Entitlement to Medicare or Medicaid
The following are the steps to set up a Special Enrollment period due to a qualified life event and make the changes in BSwift:
- Login to Paylocity
- In the upper left-hand corner, hover overand select
- Under the Life Event section, choose the event that best describes your current situation, e.g., the birth of a child, marriage/divorce, spouse obtaining/losing coverage with their employer, etc.
- Enter the date of the event, e.g., date of birth, date of marriage/divorce, date spouse's coverage begins or ends with their employer, etc.
- Confirm the date change by checking the box saying you agree
- Click Save and "Start Life Event Enrollment"
- Make all desired changes by clicking "Select" or "Waive"
- Review and click Continue if all looks correct
- Email a copy of the elections to yourself