The Visa credit card represents the University’s trust in you. You are empowered as a responsible agent to safeguard company assets. Your signature below is verification that you have read, understood, and agreed to the terms and conditions of this document, and will abide by the university’s Travel and Entertainment Policy. It also acknowledges that you have received the credit card.
To be eligible for a credit card, the employee must regularly have business-related expenses, including travel. Issuance of credit cards will be at the discretion of the Executive Cabinet. Each card will be limited to a maximum of $3,000. Increases to the established maximum may be made on a case-by-case basis by the Finance Office with supervisor approval.
- While the credit card will be issued in the name of the employee (Cardholder), the card remains the property of Greenville University at all times.
- The Cardholder will not allow any other person to use the card and is considered responsible for all charges against the card.
- The credit card is for approved purchases only and may not be used for personal purchases.
- Improper use of this card can be considered misappropriation of company funds. This may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- The Cardholder agrees to surrender the card immediately upon termination of employment, whether for retirement, voluntary or involuntary reasons.
- Cash advances on the credit card are not allowed.
- The Cardholder is responsible for requesting that the vendor NOT apply sales tax to the purchase.
- The Cardholder will keep the card and its PIN secure at all times. If the credit card is lost or stolen, or if the Cardholder suspects the card, account number or PIN has been compromised, the Cardholder is responsible to notify Cardmember Service at 877-529-0473 and the Finance Office immediately.
- The Cardholder will submit monthly credit card expense reports, with original receipts on items over $50.00, in Concur by the 5th day of each month.
- Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of this document will result in the loss of credit card privileges.