Greenville University observes typically and is closed on the following holidays:
- Good Friday (when classes are in session, employees may be required to work and to take an alternate day off to be arranged with the supervisor)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (If this holiday falls on Saturday, the University will be closed on the preceding Friday. If it falls on Sunday, the University will be closed on the following Monday.)
- Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- Administrative Staff and Staff Regular Full-Time employees are paid 7.50 hours per holiday. The hours paid per holiday are prorated according to an employee’s normal workday.
- If an employee works the holiday, they will receive Holiday pay and pay for any hours worked.
- Employees not scheduled to work on a holiday (i.e., 10-month employees) will not be paid for the holiday.
- Regular Part-Time, Temporary, and Student Employees. Holiday time off is provided without pay.